This policy and the provisions of the General Data
Protection Regulations (GDPR) are designed to protect individual’s information.
Business contacts and information are considered to be in the public domain and
therefore not covered.
The GDPR came
into force from May 25th 2018.
- We will collect basic
identification information such as your name and contact details. This will be
a) The supply of any products and services you request. This may include passing details to third party suppliers with whom we have placed a purchase order on your behalf. That supplier will further share those details with third party couriers etc.
b) To administer our accounts and billing.
c) Electronic delivery of emails, newsletters and any other internally generated information on our upholstery goods and services.
d) Postal distribution of our monthly JAM Club newsletter or other JA Milton approved printed material.
e) Website usage information is collected using cookies
- With the exception of any external organisations listed below, we will not sell or share any personally identifiable information collected by us to any third party.
a) Flightdeck, our CRM supplier, when they may need access to carry out maintenance work.
b) EOS – supply our cloud phone system via PCI fully compliant connection.
c) Worldpay, Payzone and PayPal via PCI fully compliant secure direct payment portals. JA Milton Upholstery Supplies do not hold or retain any credit card or debit card details
individuals and businesses may opt out of their information being passed to the
above organisations by contacting us at email@example.com
- We will retain all given
information on the following basis.
a) All information required to administer our accounts system; this is held on a local hard drive that will be encrypted, or in paper form stored in locked filing cabinets.
Encrypted electronic backups are taken and stored off site. All drives are password protected with a PCI compliant infrastructure. All paper records and information are routinely destroyed after seven years.
b) All other contact details and information will be retained indefinitely if the account remains active, either on a local hard disc that will be encrypted or in paper form stored in locked filing cabinets. Encrypted electronic backups are taken to a local drive stored offsite. All drives are password protected with a PCI compliant infrastructure. All accounts which remain inactive during a 7 Year period will be deleted on an annual rolling basis.
c) Our mailing database is stored on a local hard drive that will be encrypted and password protected with PCI compliant infrastructure. Encrypted electronic backups are taken to a local drive stored offsite.
Cookies are small files of unique letters and numbers
that are sent to a device’s browser from a website when users visit and
navigate the site. They allow a website to recognise a device when users
revisit, recollect previous browsing history and any information provided to
information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
- We have to abide by the law of the land and if information is legitimately requested by the Government or one of their agencies, we will comply with any such request.
- You may at any time review or update any personally identifiable information we hold. In the first instance please make contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will take any reasonable steps to confirm your identity before any such changes are made.
- JA Milton Upholstery Supplies Ltd reserves the right to alter, without notice, this policy if either required to under law, or to improve services and benefits to our members. The current policy will always remain available on our website www.jamilton.co.uk
- You have the right to complain to the Information
Commissioners Office if you think there is a problem with the way we are
handling your data. www.ico.org.uk
J.A.Milton Upholstery Supplies